A Level 3 Care Consultation is an evidence-based program (RCI-REACH), proven to improve the dementia caregiver’s experience by teaching strategies to cope with troubling behaviors, reducing feelings of caregiver burden and helplessness, teaching effective stress management techniques, increasing caregiver self-care and reducing depression.
Services are tailored to individual caregiver needs and delivered over a six-month period during 12 sessions. Sessions can be face-to-face, or via telephone. Sometimes, taking care of a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia makes you feel good, because you are providing love and comfort. Other times, it can be overwhelming. Also, each day brings new challenges. You may not even realize how much you have taken on, because the changes can happen slowly over a long period of time. Care consultations can help you learn about and cope with these changes and challenges.
Rosalynn Carter Institute Resources Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health
Twelve sessions that are tailored to individual caregiver needs and delivered by a care coach over a six-month period. Caregivers receive education and information on dementia and training in strategies and techniques for stress management, problem solving and self-care. The program will address topics such as:
- Current Information on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia
- Building Social Support Networks
- Emotional Well Being and Stress Management
- Problem Solving and Communication Skills
- Coping with Troubling Behavior
- Accessing Resources and Support Healthcare Issues and Safety
- Caregiver Self Care and Health Management General Caregiving Tips