Support Groups provide emotional support, information, resources, and a platform for caregivers to share strategies and lessons learned with other caregivers of persons with dementia. Support groups are designed to meet the specific needs of the communities served, including cultural and language issues, and time of day the groups are offered. A variety of in-person and tele-support groups are available throughout the region to create opportunities for caregivers, family members, and their loved ones with dementia.
According to many caregivers, building a local support system is a key way to get help. Some caregivers need help when their loved one is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Other caregivers look for help when their loved one is in the final stages of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. It is okay to seek help whenever you need it.
Washington County Support Group
Where: Gospel Lighthouse Church
30 Lacross Street, Hudson Falls (Google Map Link)
When: The second Tuesday of every month at 11:30 am.
Franklin County Support Group
Where: Malone Adult Center
14906 NY-30, Malone, NY 12953 (Google Map Link)
When: The third Tuesday of the each month 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Memory cafe take place the second Thursday each month from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
Warren County Support Group
Where: The Glen at Hiland Meadows
39 Longview Drive, Queensbury NY 12804 (Google Map Link)
When: The second Tuesday of each month at 11:00 am.
Essex County Support Group
Where: Town of Jay Offices (Old High School)
11 School Lane, AuSable Forks, NY 12912 (Google Map Link)
When: The third Friday of every month from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Clinton County Support Group
Where: SUNY Plattsburgh #534 Sibley Hall
Sibley Hall, Rugar Street, Plattsburgh NY 12901 (Google Map Link)
When: The first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm.
Directions Once Parked:
- Please use the back parking lot to enter Sibley Hall.
- Turn onto George Angell Drive.
- Take a left into the Parking Lot Labeled #20/21.
- On the right there will be a red emergency pillar- please feel free to park in this area.
- Enter the building through door that is covered by a glass awning with metal columns. (There are also multiple wooden benches at this entrance).
- After you enter the building take your 1st right.
- The Support Group will be in the 1st Room to the right.